Monday, January 21, 2002

 
Well a lot has been going on lately. Especially Friday. But well I?m going to start off from Wednesday (might have been Thursday morning). But well I was really tired that morning so when I came into school I got my book, and went and laid down in the corner. And then when Dana got there I turned on my side so I could talk to her. Well she was talking to me. And all the sudden Miranda was like ?Dana who are you talking to?? And Dana just kind of looked at me, then looked at her. And she was like ?oh I?m sorry Erin, I thought you were a pile of bags.? Well in her mind she was right, I mean nothing to her. Well I didn?t think about it much, I just considered it to be an accident.

That night I asked mom if she would take me to go to Ashley?s game in Stephenville, and she said ok. So I went and picked out some nice clothes to wear. Cause I had just gotten my glasses that afternoon and wanted to look nice. I chose my khaki pants and my long-sleeved blue shirt. So well I had already worn my khaki pants to Ashley?s game in Cleburne so I wanted to wear something different. So I chose my regular Tommy jeans and my new American Eagle shirt, and my letter jacket.

Well then Friday morning I got mom to drop me off in front of the gym, so I could take my clothes and put them in the locker room (cause I was planning on changing and leaving directly after practice). Well when I went in there and put my stuff up, I heard someone in the bathroom. Well when I was walking out, I saw Bekah come out of there. So I was being friendly, and said ?Hey Bekah.? And at the time I was nearly out the door, and putting on my glasses. So well I didn?t think a whole lot about that. I went to my locker and got my book for world geography. Well then I looked in the corner that we normally sit in by the lockers, and no one was there. But they were on the other side where Dustin normally sits. Well I didn?t see Dana so I went and took my stuff to my classroom. And then went to the commons area to talk with Rachel. And hopefully see Dana when she came in, but little did I know Dana had been there before me, and was sitting by the lockers but I just didn?t see her. So well like I said I didn?t think much about anything. But then lunch comes around. And Dana started to tell me about that morning. She told me that came up and started talking to Michelle, Miranda, and Shanna. And she said ?Yeah I just came from the locker room, and Erin was in there. I really can?t stand that girl. I said ?hey Erin whats up?? and then she goes ?Agh!! Whatever.? Now Dana told me that she wasn?t absolutely positive that was all that she had said. So I told her that if she saw her again to ask her what exactly she said that morning. Personally I thought that she was being childish, and I wasn?t at all surprised.

So far this semester in 7th period (Keyboarding) I have been the first one done. That day I got done extremely early, so I asked to leave early. And I went and talked to Coach Molk. So I told her all that had happened that morning, and what Dana said, and that she was 100% positive that was all that Bekah had said. I told her ?I really want to play softball, and I will play. But crap has already started, and I?m pretty sure that it is only going to get worse. But if it does I just wanted to let you know that there might be a chance that I will quit. Cause I don?t think that I will be able to handle the things that will probably happen.? She said ?Well I don?t want you to let three people get in your way of playing softball. I think you have a potential in playing. I saw you improve so much in just one year. I really think that you can go somewhere with softball.? I said ?yeah if normally if it was someone else then I would play no matter what, but with them its just different.? She said ?well just stay positive.? So I said ok, and then I had to go get ready for basketball practice. We got out of practice early (before 5:00), so I called mom and let her know. She was supposed to pick me up at 5:00 but she ended up getting me at like 5:20 or so because they were running behind at work so she had to stay and help. But well I was really nasty from practice, so I went home and took a really quick shower, got dressed and then left.

Well I figured I?d miss Ashley?s game, which I did. I got there towards the end of the 1st quarter. And the side I came in one didn?t have any room to sit, so I just stood there up until the beginning of the 4th quarter. Now my feet were hurting extremely from b-ball, I mean I had blisters on my feet and they had been bleeding, it really hurt. So well while I was standing there, I hear some guy go ?hey Glen Rose.? So I just kind of looked at him. Then he goes ?hey Glen Rose,? again. So I said yes. He asked ?how come all of y?all Glen Rose people are here tonight? Do y?all play Stephenville or something?? I said ?no we don?t, theres other Glen Rose people here?? He said ?yeah theres four people down there with Glen Rose letter jackets on.? And as soon as he said that I thought in my head ?you?ve got to be kidding me,? I was really surprised. I was like ?are you serious?? He said ?yeah.? I told him ?I don?t know why they are here but I came to watch one of my friends from Granbury play.? So well then I went back to standing there watching the game.

Then half way through the quarter, after Granbury scored, I went out into the hallway and went to the other side of the bleachers to sit down. I sat down by some crazy guy, I?m not sure what the disease is where they talk to themselves and yell and stuff similar to that, but at one point I thought he was normal, cause he was talking to people. But I chose not to pay much attention to him, cause I figured if I did then it would hurt his feelings. Well then the game was over, and who happens to be walking my way, Michelle, Miranda, Bekah, and Shanna (I now call them the four). I got up and tried to talk to them, I was like ?Wow that guy down there was right, there really are other Glen Rose people here.? I said all of that but I was in a way interrupted because they just gave me the most evil look and walked straight passed me. I swear it hurt really bad, like 100 knives going through your heart at once, I just wanted to cry, but then again it pissed me off, so I didn?t.

Well then I sat down, and Coach Jacobs finally came, and I waved at him to get his attention. He was pretty surprised to see me there too. He told me to follow him. I asked where we were going. He said ?back to the office.? I said ?well are those four (thats what I call them now) going?? He said ?yeah.? I was like ?Well I don?t think that I should go.? He said ?No, no come on.? So I went back there with him. I just stood there the whole time. The four were playing with Will (his son). And I just kind of tried to act that I thought all of it was funny. Yeah sure it was funny but, I couldn?t stand to be near them, especially after what they did to me in the other gym. Well then C.J. had to go watch the freshman game, so we all went. Well I was hanging back, cause I didn?t really want to be near them. But well we had to wait to get through the door, cause there were a bunch of people trying to get through. And then Mrs. Jacobs asked ?Where have you been the whole night?? I said ?on the other side of the bleachers, I didn?t come with them, I didn?t even know they were here.? She said ?did you drive?? I said ?no my mom dropped me off and went to wal-mart.? she said ?Oh ok.? So well then we finally got into the gym. And in this gym there is only one set of bleachers, so when you came in the door the Granbury side was first, then the Stephenville people were on the other side. So that were C.J. was taking us. Well then I hear some Granbury girl go ?what are they doing here!!? Personally, I thought it was really funny, I looked at her, and kind of laughed. I was still hanging back at that point. Well then I hear ?hey Erin.? So I looked up where the Granbury girls were sitting, and I just thought someone was talking to someone else. Then I heard it again, so I look and I see my friend Katie Reavis. I hadn?t seen her in like 3 years. So well I went up there, and on the way up I said to that girl that asked about us being here, I go ?yeah and just to make it clear I?m not with those other girls.? Then I went and stood above Katie, and was talking to her, then I just decided to sit down beside her. And we talked for awhile. But then her and some of the other girls decided to go to the other gym, and watch the boys for a little while. Well one of the girls that got up was sitting by Ashley, so I went and sat by her. And we talked for awhile, and then her and the other girls on the team had to leave to go eat. Well during this time I was talking with them C.J. and the four had gotten up and left the gym.

So well I stayed there and was watching the freshman game. Then C.J. cam back in and sat by me, he was like ?so are you sitting my all of your friends?? I kind of gave him a little laugh, and I was like ?Well I was sitting with my Granbury basketball friends but they had to go eat. Besides they are the only friends I have here.? He just kind of looked at me, and was like ?What do you mean by that?? I was like ?well I?m not really friends with those four anymore.? He said ?what happened?? I said ?Its a really long story, and hard to explain.? And just after I said that the four came back in and sat right in front of us. Shanna a little to the left of me, Michelle directly in front of me, then Miranda then Bekah. C.J. asked them where they went, and they said they had to go to the bathroom. Well I was watching the game and listening to them at the same time. Well they were saying how they wanted to come watch another one of his games. And he said ?Well we play in Cleburne on the 25th.? They said ?No, no we can?t go then. We have our softball camp then.? He asked ?What are you talking about?? They were like ?You don?t know about our camp?? He said ?no.? Then Michelle said ?Well we are having a camp slash hangout for the softball girls. Just to hang out and bond. You know so we don?t have any ATTITUDES like last year.? That really caught my attention, I swear to it she really did direct that towards me, even though I didn?t have an attitude last year, and well I still don?t but they just prefer to say that I do so that they can give themselves a reason to not like me. Anyways, there was only 20 secs. left of the 2nd quarter so C.J. was like ?lets go see how the varsity boys are doing.? Well they got up, and I once again was kind of hanging back. C.J. was like ?Erin are you coming?? I said ?yeah I guess so.? So well we went into the other gym, and I was still hesitating. Well the four sat down first, we used 3 rows. Miranda (on the left) and Bekah (on the right) were on the third row. Then Michelle sat in front of Miranda, and Shanna in front of Bekah. So well I wanted C.J. to go first, but he insisted that I go ahead. So well there was a backpack in front of Shanna, and well I didn?t want to sit directly in front of her so I moved the bag over and sat on the left side of her feet. Well so I was watching the game and Granbury (pretty sure it was them) began to delay time. And C.J. started to tell us about how the varsity Granbury girls did that the whole game the Friday before when they played Crowley. He said the final score was 14-8. So well I got up and sat by him, and started to tell him about how our girls did that earlier in the season. Well then it was half time, and he had to go check on the jv laundry. So I sat there for a little while, then I saw Katie and who ever was sitting by her got up and left, so I didn?t say anything, I just got up and went and sat by her. She was like ?How come your sitting by them, I thought they weren?t your friends?? I was like ?They?re not I was just sitting by the coach.? Well we were joking around and having fun, and half the time the four kept watching me, but I didn?t care I thought it was funny and pathetic. Cause after I had just sat down, Katie was like ?they?re staring at you.? I was like ?I know, they?re childish.? And then once the game started back up, we were still talking and sort of watching the game, the four still kept watching me every once in a while. Well one time Michelle, Bekah, and Shanna were actually watching the game (or something, they weren?t watching me), well Miranda was glaring at me, I me full out staring at me. I started to crack up when I saw her doing that.

Well after awhile it was time to go, I had to meet mom outside at 9:00. I told Katie that if she wanted to, she could get my email from Ashley. Then I walked out the side that the four were sitting on, and Shanna had her legs crossed and she was sitting behind the water thing, so there wasn?t very much room to pass through. I just slid right through, didn?t even look at them, I just made sure I didn?t hit Shanna?s leg. Well then I went and found Ashley, cause they had just gotten back, she was eating in the hallway. I told her that, that was most likely the last game that I could make, and that I just wanted to come see her. I told her that if I don?t end up playing softball and doing track that I would try to go see her a lot more. Then I told her that if she ever feels like going to a soccer game, that she could might be able to catch me there. She said ?oh so you like soccer.? I was like ?yeah I play with half of those girls. I play on the Granbury United select team with Maggie and them.? She was like ?oh I see, thats cool.? Then I told her that I told Katie that she could get my email from her. Then I told her I emailed her last time, when I got home from Cleburne. Then I said bye. And I left, and I drove all the way home, and I talked to mom about what had happened and everything else that was going on.


---------Erin

Modified Jan 21, 2002 12:23 AM EST

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?